[FFmpeg-user] v360 expressions

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Feb 27 01:06:45 EET 2020

Am 25.02.2020 um 11:37 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 2/25/20, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> And what about sendcmd / commands?
>>>
>> Will look into adding it.
> Done.

I have tested it and it works to send constant values to the v360
filter, but it doesn't work to send an expression, as in the 3rd line of
this *.cmd file. With overlay filter this method works fine.

0.00-1.00 v360 yaw 0;
1.00-2.00 v360 yaw 60;
2.00-4.00 v360 yaw 'lerp(60,120,t-2)';

I understand it doesn't work because v360 doesn't accept expressions.
Would it be possible to evaluate the expression already in sendcmd, and
then send the result to the target filter?

A workaround would be to write many lines in the *.cmd file, one line
for each frame.

Michael