[FFmpeg-user] List server 'myposts on' fails to echo my own posts

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 03:21:39 EET 2020

On 02/24/2020 09:38 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 24.02.20 um 14:35 schrieb Nicolas George:
>> Reindl Harald (12020-02-24):
>>> and why are you fool
>>
>> Refrain from insulting users. Thanks in advance
>
> using a random SMTP server for a random domain is foolish...

I am not using a random SMTP server. I'm using my ISP's SMTP server.

I have dozens of Googlemail accounts. I don't use any of them for SMTP.
I use them solely for POP.

markfilipak.mozilla
The 'support-thunderbird at lists.mozilla.org' and
me. They are POPed by my Googlemail 'Mozilla' account.

markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg
The 'ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org' mailing list _does_not_ echo my posts back
to me. It is POPed by my Googlemail 'Windows' account.

The only difference between them is that for 'markfilipak.mozilla', my
'From' header is spoofed:
'From: Mark Filipak <markfilipak at bog.us>',
whereas for 'markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg', my 'From' address is not spoofed:
'From: Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>'.

I didn't think about it before, but perhaps the spoofing is the reason
'markfilipak.mozilla' is echoed back, eh?