[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg do not activate stream capture on MS Surface Pro 7 Rear camera

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:01:56 EET 2020

> MS Surface Pro 7 rear camera does not activate when trying to capture stream.
> This is the command I am using :
>
> ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i video="Surface Camera Rear" -f mpeg1video http://127.0.0.1:8082/test/640/360

Hi,

I don’t have a Surface, and I’m not familiar with dshow or Windows, but is it possible there is some privacy/security setting that limits access to the camera by app? Maybe you need to run the command line as administrator? I’m not too sure about this since you say the front camera works fine though.

Regards,
Ted Park