[FFmpeg-user] How to properly escape a literal comma ", " in drawtext filter text?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Dec 29 07:33:49 EET 2020

On 12/28/2020 5:44 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> (If I have a chance later tonight, I might look into the filter's source code.)

I took an admittedly quick look at vf_drawtext.c and the helper routines. It
looks like the only string quoting needed would be for '\' and '%', so not
for a comma. I did not dive further into character processing. It does look
like there's a substitution made for characters that can't be found in the
font so it could be that the font is faulty or that the comma isn't really a
comma (see prev. email).

Later,

z!