[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG with VMAF - dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libvmaf.1.dylib

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Dec 17 01:25:36 EET 2020

On 12/16/2020 11:51 AM, kumarsnathan wrote:
> Also, I tried removing the libvmaf.dylib and libvmaf.1.dylib and just retain
> the libvmaf.a (since I only care for a static build). Now I have a problem
> configuring ffmpeg.

What happens if you put those files back? If everything works then, leave
them alone.

> *ERROR: libvmaf >= 1.3.9 not found using pkg-config*

Is that package actually and completely installed? (Maybe, maybe not,
especially if you've been deleting associated files. In general, don't do
that.) Try reinstalling it.

I also notice that you probably don't have up-to-date ffmpeg source because
the configure check from a couple of days ago says-
enabled libvmaf           && require_pkg_config libvmaf "libvmaf >= 1.5.2"

Searching "libvmaf ffmpeg dylib" will turn up a few ideas.

z!