[FFmpeg-user] CLI for low fps high resolution streaming?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Dec 7 18:14:29 EET 2020

On 12/7/2020 7:00 AM, Rocky Ji wrote:
> I have found that `ffmpeg -f v4l2 -i /dev/video0 <extra config>
> rtmp://localhost/live/test` is the basic template I need to follow.
>
> Of all the combinations of codecs/framerates I tested, the only thing
> that works without killing itself is `-f flv`.

Couple of things-
It could be that your hardware isn't up to the task; "killing itself" isn't
really clear (what dies and how?).

How do things behave when capturing into a temp file of a null device?

Be careful about command options and where you put them in the command, -r
vs -framerate are often misused. Also be careful with things lie assumed
resolutions, frame-rates, color spaces, etc.

It's always appropriate to post the complete command output (of at least one
attempt). In this case, please also include info about the capture device

(remember that top-posting replies is highly discouraged on this list, it's
in the list faq https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html)

Later,

z!