[FFmpeg-user] Public FFmpeg Docker images built with GitHub Actions

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Dec 7 11:13:38 EET 2020

Hi.

Ryan Williams (12020-12-06):
> Just wanted to mention this in case it's helpful to anyone:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/runsascoded/ffmpeg
>
> These are Docker images I've built and published (from source releases as
> well as a few misc Git commits) using GitHub Actions on a fork of the
> GitHub FFmpeg mirror: https://github.com/runsascoded/FFmpeg#readme

These image, some of them at least, seem to be built with the
--enable-nonfree flag. The meaning of this flag is precisely that you
are not allowed to redistribute the resulting binaries.

Therefore, you already are in break of FFmpeg's license;, you need to
delete immediately any binary image built with the --enable-nonfree.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George