[FFmpeg-user] Failed to configure ffmpeg

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Dec 6 18:09:05 EET 2020

On 12/6/2020 3:01 AM, Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user wrote:

>      On Sunday, 6 December 2020, 10:41:57 GMT, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>   > In 2020 you have containers, virtualization and WSL
> You possibly do, but good grief, it's a pain in the arse compared to just, you know, running a native binary.

Exactly. And some people may not have the options of either time, ability,
access, or other resources to set up that stuff. Oh, and there are all of
the open-source projects on winsoze that use native-code ffmpeg libraries....

I -have- the ability to install WSL/Hyper-V/etc but have no earthly reason
to. Actually, there are reasons not to. (OTOH, I do have msys2/mingw64 on a
couple of machines specifically for building windize -native- executables,
and not just ffmpeg.)

Second-guessing people's run-time platform requirements usually isn't helpful.

z!