[FFmpeg-user] ? About ffmpeg's prores implemention

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:20:55 EEST 2020

Hi,

> Again just typical FUD from same person.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, what's there to spread fud about??

> It is obviously slower, hahaha.

What is, AME or one of the prores encoders included in FFmpeg? I mean obviously it'd depend on the job and hardware but for what it's worth I compared prores_ks with 4444xq and it took around twice the wallclock time. It did indeed take way more than twice the cpu time though, but if its output has problems then the whole point is moot :/

Regards,
Ted Park