[FFmpeg-user] RTMP issue

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 24 17:25:40 EEST 2020

Hi William

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 00:40:04 +0000, william keeling wrote:

> My question is an issue with a program written to live stream to
> YouTube working is all modes other than rtmp live stream.

For programming with the ffmpeg libav* libraries, you should usually
turn to the libav-user mailing list, But perhaps we can help.

> finishes the stream is never processed by YouTube. When the stream is
> piped (pipe:1 URL) thru FFMPEG (demuxed and muxed only -- ffmpeg -i -
> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f flv rtmp:<URL>) the live stream works
> without issues.

At least that means that your content encoding, bit rate, number of
audio channels, and so on, are correct for YouTube. It's just the
muxing, or perhaps something like a flag or metadata.

> So, I need to understand what FFMPEG command line is doing with rtmp: URL that I am not doing with the FFMPEG API.
> My source code is at github.com/wkeeling63/rcam. Any ideas you have I
> would love to hear as I am stumped.

Too bad ths only compiles on Raspberry Pi, so there's no way to
reproduce your muxing issue.

Since you didn't provide a log callback using av_log_set_callback(),
shouldn't your application show all the usual ffmpeg/libav* log output
on stdout? Can you provide us with that ouptut? Raise the log level
with e.g. av_log_set_level(AV_LOG_VERBOSE), if required.

Thanks,
Moritz