[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Hans Carlson forbyta at gmx.com
Sun Aug 23 08:37:01 EEST 2020

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020, Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> On 8/22/2020 2:03 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
>
>> There is no duplication, only multiple outputs. Would you also remove
>> the man pages because they are "duplicate" of the HTML pages?
>
> Multiple outputs is not duplicative? If the same info in the same format
> is in two places, that rather sounds like duplication.

I can't say this with certainty, but I believe the man pages (and other
docs) are auto-generated.  ie, there is one central source for the docs
(texinfo ?) and all other docs (man, html, etc) are generated from that
source.

Likewise for the "ffmpeg-all" man page.  It's not a separately maintained
page, it's auto-generated from all the other man pages.

Again, I might be wrong, but I **think** that's the case.

Someone more knowledgeable really should confirm this.

> Re man pages- last time I checked, those are not considered web pages and
> have a different format & usage, therefore not the same. (OTOH, I don't use
> the man pages, so..... see below.)

Many people DO use the man pages, so please don't consider removing them.
Again though, I believe they are auto-generated based on other doc
sources, so there's no need to maintain separate docs.