[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg on Apple Silicon (Success)

Aleksid beautyofnorth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:02:24 EEST 2020

Hi,

Just for information. Today I successfully compiled FFmpeg 4.3.1 for Apple
Silicon (macOS 11 Beta Big Sur) on Apple Developer Transition Kit.

Also I was able to include FFmpeg shared libraries for my test app.

I used basic configure options to make sure that FFmpeg works on arm64:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/4.3.1 --enable-shared
--extra-cflags="-fno-stack-check" --enable-gpl  --enable-version3
--enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-pthreads --enable-nonfree

I discovered only one issue (probably my mistake). dylibs work only when I
put them to /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/4.3.1/lib folder
If I put dylibs into my APP bundle /Contents/Frameworks these dylibs fail
to load, despite the fact that I load dylib using absolute file path from
my folder.