[FFmpeg-user] change inputs or mapping while recording

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 21:08:30 EEST 2020

Hi,

> I would now like to add stream2 as second video input and switch
> between stream1 and stream2 back and forth without interrupting the
> audio. Both streams are identical / come from identical cameras.
>
> Is there any sane way to do this with ffmpeg? Or how would you
> recommend doing it?
If I had to do this, I would basically composite the two streams and toggle opacity of the top layer between 0 and 1.
It would break if either stream had reading problems, and you would constantly be processing both streams which might not be desirable if you were switching from A to B and never go back to A, for example.

Regards,
Ted Park