[FFmpeg-user] Stereo 3D encoding with nvenc

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:39:50 EEST 2020

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020, 14:47 Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal, <
etienne.sandre at m4x.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there options for encoding 3D video with nvenc, like with x264 and
> --frame-packing? I know the NVEnc API has the option, but was it enabled in
> ffmpeg? I can't find any documented option.
>
> Thanks!

On the hardware side, VAAPI (and possibly QuickSync) have such an option
exposed via FFmpeg. There was patchwork (not sure if it's merged or not,
it's been a while) authored by Mark? Thompson (sic, not sure, need to
confirm) enabling such functionality. Let me check on that and get back to
you.