[FFmpeg-user] decomb versus deinterlace

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sun Apr 19 11:27:00 EEST 2020

Mark,

>> "recurse" works if your timestamps are correct.
>
> Carl Eugen said that, too. How could the timestamps be wrong?

Well, I think the timestamp isn't "wrong", but it's "not as you expect".
If a filter has two inputs and the input frames have different
timestamps, then what's the timestamp of the output frame? It could be
copied from the first or from the second input, or it could be a mix of
both timestamps. I don't know how FFmpeg handles this case.
That's why I suggested to swap the two inputs of the blend filter and
check if there is a difference.

Michael