[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg architecture question

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:35:46 EEST 2020

Hi,

> "split[A][B],[A]select='eq(mod((n+1)\,5)\,3)'[C],[B]datascope,null[D],interleave"
>
> Though the [B][D] branch passes every frame that is presented at [B], datascope does not appear for frames 2 7 12 17 etc.
>
> That reveals that traversal of ffmpeg filter complexes is not recursive.

I'm pretty sure filter_complex came from "filtergraph that is not simple (complex)" rather than a complex of filters. There's no nesting filters, what context are you referring to recursion  in?? I've been trying to get to understand the 55 telecine filter script you came up with, and eliminate as many splits as possible, do you mean how the datascope wouldn't appear for the frames selected? Same timestamps might be the issue again, maybe setpts=PTS+1 would make them show up? Or does interleave take identical dts input and order them according to some rule?

Regards,
Ted Park