[FFmpeg-user] propagation of frames in a filter complex

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:29:30 EEST 2020

Hi,

> A native 60Hz TV runs at 60Hz (or 60/1.001Hz).

Yes, apparently some do. But most display controllers I've seen for LCD panels were capable of operating to timings that produce 50Hz, 48Hz, 25, and so on lower vertical refresh rates. I thought only a 60Hz interlaced CRT would only run at 60Hz (or the mains frequency for some units) and nothing else. But I recently bought and returned a small monitor that was 30/60/120Hz only, or at least only indicated as such via EDID/DDC.

> Does this explain why a p60, 55 telecine viewed on a 120Hz TV would look worse than p24 viewed on a 120Hz TV?
That wouldn't be surprising, but I'm comparing the result of the same processing just switching between a 120Hz timing and 60Hz timing. I think it's because my laptop is not doing it fast enough to reach 60fps though.

Regards,
Ted Park