[FFmpeg-user] Testing transcode speeds on Raspberry Pi 4

MediaMouth communque at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 01:16:11 EEST 2020

> I don't know.
> But until not-so-long-ago, hardware encoding was limited to smaller
> resolutions on more expensive gpu's, so I wonder if the rpi really
> supports 4k encoding.
> And it would be a good explanation for the behaviour you see.

Makes sense, though until seeing your and Ted's notes I was taking for granted the false notion "if it can display 4k it can no doubt encode 4k"
Never take anything for granted.

The overall goal of these tests is to see if / when it makes financial sense to use RPIs as a render farm high res video.
So far the answer points toward 'not likely'.

Just tested various overclocking settings, but even then I didn't get boost.

Not quite ready to throw in the towel, but so far no progress.