[FFmpeg-user] rtsp stream interruption

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:41:54 EEST 2020

Hi,

> sorry for 99, it was just a crazy test that i forgot to remove. I will try to be more clear, i'm trying to capture each frame from a rtsp stream,so  it works for something like 1 hour or a little more, then it suddenly stops, the same thing happen when i try on vlc, i open the stream on vlc client and after some time rtsp stream stops, i dont think its a camera problem because it happen on another camera

It's doing a lot more than that, it says it decoded ~100MB input and wrote out ~10GB output somewhere. First is that something the system should be able to handle? (Memory or storage space-wise) What are you trying to achieve with the -r and fps filter, it doesn't look like it's doing anything other than duplicating massive numbers of frames, each one just as big as the one before with no temporal compression.

Regards,
Ted Park