[FFmpeg-user] Stuck preparing to compile ffmpeg from git source

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:09:26 EEST 2020

On 04/12/2020 11:00 PM, ffmpeg-devel at TalkVideo.net wrote:
> I apologize if I misread your situation.
>
> If it is a Linux compile, I will cover that and post
> a link to the video.

Perhaps I can save you some effort.

It's a Linux cross-compile targeting Windows. I'm stuck at this step:
./cross_compile_ffmpeg.sh
which declares: "your meson version is too old 0.40.1 wanted 0.47"

I have downloaded a meson 0.54.0 tarball, but I can't get Synaptic to update my system using the
contents of the tarball.

The problem is with Synaptic, but I hoped that someone here might help because this must be a common
task.

Regards,
Mark.