[FFmpeg-user] Stuck preparing to compile ffmpeg from git source

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 04:37:48 EEST 2020

On 04/12/2020 09:02 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Am 13.04.2020 um 02:24 schrieb Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>> [Note 1] I'm pretty sure that a git project requires continuous access to the Internet.
>
> No, you can always download current FFmpeg and move it wherever you need it:
> http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot-git.tar.bz2

There is no binaries at ffmpeg.org.
https://ffmpeg.org/download.html links to https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ but the ffmpeg build
there apparently is stale.

I'm looking at the contents of ffmpeg-snapshot-git.tar.bz2 right now. I see no binaries. I see make
files & scripts and whatnot, so I assume ffmpeg-snapshot-git.tar.bz2 is source.

The whole point of this thread is that I can't compile from source. I'm stuck.