[FFmpeg-user] Preparing to compile ffmpeg from git source -- stuck

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:46:26 EEST 2020

On 04/12/2020 07:20 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 4/12/2020 3:57 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> [Note 1] I'm pretty sure that a git project requires continuous access to the Internet. My
>> Internet access is solely via a VBox Linux guest, so it seems reasonable that ffmpeg must be
>> compiled from within Linux.
> FWIW, I build on a windows box in mingw64 after a git sync (so no continual net connection needed
> after sync).

Hi Carl!

Thanks for helping. May I ask questions?

Sorry, but I will not connect Windows to the Internet. It's not safe. So, if building on a Windows
box implies doing a 'git sync' implies connecting Windows to the Internet, it's a non-starter.

On the other hand, that may not be what you mean? Can you comment/clarify? I've never done this
stuff before.

Thanks.

> The config string-
> --extra-cflags=-I/mingw64/include --extra-ldflags=-L/mingw64/lib --extra-version=static \
> --extra-cflags=--static --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-shared --disable-ffplay \
> --disable-ffprobe --disable-doc --enable-decklink --enable-avfilter
> --extra-cflags=-I/mingw64/include/BMD
>
> It was fairly straightforward to set up, but I can't readily grab that info at the moment.

What is being configured by the 'config string' above? ...I suppose it will become clearer down the
path I'm trodding, but in the mean time, I'm stuck.