[FFmpeg-user] Flutter FFmpeg

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Apr 12 20:03:43 EEST 2020

On 4/12/2020 4:27 AM, a a wrote:
> However when i test this on IOS (Iphone SE) the imagepicker seems to compress the video first e.g. 150MB to 25MB. Which I then attempt to compress the 25MB again with above command with params "veryfast" and 18.
>
> The file always gets larger that the original 25mb and it takes forever to execute (>3min). Similar behaviour is experienced when I use different params e.g. 24 and faster.
>
> If I manually record a video the imagepicker doesn't compress it and it works the same as android.

Does sound a bit like an imagepicker issue, not ffmpeg, but I'm not an apple
person. And data compression is often like that; if the data is
"uncompressable" you still get a new header and (re)packetized data.

As always with this list, please post the complete/untrimmed text output of
the commands, they have a wealth of debugging info.

z!