[FFmpeg-user] [offtopic] expansion of video content

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 05:47:28 EEST 2019

> I should have mentioned that the resulting iso plays only partially,
> that is: it (meaning VLC, mplayer, ffplay) play only the intro and stop.

Right, I’m guessing there are a lot of 0’s in there, I bet if you gzip that file it’ll turn out to be a lot smaller than the 4.7, 8.6GB or something you’d expect.

…
> NO Joliet present
> **BAD RRVERSION (0)
> NO Rock Ridge present

> Once I mount the drive:
> # mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /sr0
> mount: /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only

So I think you might have a udf only dvd mounted as iso9660.

> Was there an mp4 compression used such that the driver
> performs a conversion to VOB before handing over the data to
> the user process??? Just curious!!!

No, I think we can be pretty sure nothing like that is happening especially since that user process is dd...