[FFmpeg-user] Unsync between Audio and Video and other Issues

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Sep 23 05:39:48 EEST 2019

On 9/22/2019 8:02 AM, Rudolf Schmidt wrote:
> So hope you guys will redesign it by time and make it multi thread
> supported, its amazing that in todays time with 16 threads and more
> ffmpeg still works single threaded.

Given that AFAIK most of the people working on ffmpeg are not paid to do so,
it's amazing that in todays time people are still telling volunteers what
their priorities should be.

This is along the lines of complaining that a BMW F850GS needs additional
wheels for stability (the F850GS is a motorcycle).

If you're not satisfied with what ffmpeg will do, and I frequently have
problems with that myself, consider getting involved with the community to
develop those features. Or do without.

Later,

z!