[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg nvenc without cuda

Johanna Nilson jnils75 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 00:21:22 EEST 2019

Dear Sirs

Is it possible to use nvenc (h264_nvenc and hevc_nvenc) without cuda at
all? Just now I get error that No cuda device detected, when use something
like:

ffmpeg -f gdigrab -i desktop -framerate 30 -tune zerolatency -r 30 -c:v
h264_nvenc -f mpegts udp://...
ffmpeg -f gdigrab -i desktop -framerate 30 -tune zerolatency -r 30 -c:v
hevc_nvenc -f mpegts udp://...

But my system has architecture where there is nvenc support, but no cuda
support at all. So I need to perform encoding at nvenc without any requests
to cuda cores. Please, tell me, is it possible? Thank you very much.

-- Johanna Nilson