[FFmpeg-user] Data partitioning errors and more...

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 10:23:07 EEST 2019

Hi Craig,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 22:25:36 -0500, Craig Lillard wrote:

> https://www.codepile.net/pile/Nl2QOPa2

This is why I dislike the fact that the log level of the reports can't
easily be reduced. They get so long. ;-) (Not your fault, all the info
is indeed in there.)

> Getting "Data partioning is not implemented" along with a number of
> other errors when encoding this MP4.  Is it the video file or is it my
> settings?

Since you suspect it's the input files, you should decode them
individually without all the filtering and reencoding magic, just to
see whether they're principally okay:

$ ffmpeg -i inputfile -f null -

This will demux and decode the input file (and dump it to nowhere), at
a regular loglevel. This way you can find out whether one of the files
actually cannot be properly processed.

> First time user of this mailing list so don't get mad at me. :)

Okay, more hints for you:

> ffmpeg version 3.4.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers

and

> [h264 @ 0xd414c0] data partitioning is not implemented. Update your
> FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still
> occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been
> implemented.

You are using a quite old version of ffmpeg. Even though this may not
be the cause of your troubles, please try a newer version first. I see
you're probably using ffmpeg on Fedora or EPEL from some third party
repository. The negativo17 "multimedia" repository serves quite new
versions of ffmpeg. Even easier, for the sake of testing, just grab a
static binary from here and use that instead:

https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
(left column, "git master", please).

By the way, if you share the output of the above suggested command,
please post the complete output right here as text, unless it exceeds
several hundred lines. (If it does, try to include the essence here.)
Those paste share sites and thir content tend to go away...

Thanks and welcome,
Moritz