[FFmpeg-user] Unable to record VP8+Opus from RTP+SDP

Juan Navarro juan.navarro at gmx.es
Tue Sep 3 18:39:24 EEST 2019

Thanks for the comments;

in case anyone ends up having a similar issue, it all turned out to be
an issue in VLC itself; version 2.2.2 (from Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial") won't
play OPUS audio correctly, at least not in the WEBM and MP4 sample files
I have been able to record with GStreamer. However, updating VLC to
3.0.7 fixed this and it is now able to play the files back, without issues.

I'm now trying to do the same type of recording with FFmpeg but using
MP4 as container, and there are some issues, but I'm opening a different
email thread for that ("mp4 opus invalid extradata size").