[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg convert these mp4 to that mp4?

arthur brogard abrogard at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 21:58:29 EET 2019

You've answered before I got to  check for desync.
Okay then.  So what can I use?  This is the only command I've found so far that even runs.
My googling seems to indicate there's a chance this can't be done in ffmpeg in one hit.  I'm not at all clear on it  but I get the idea that we have to convert the file to some other format and then we can process it again to change the frame rate.
Do you happen to know about that?
I suppose it wouldn't be such a hassle if the two steps were in  batch file, come to think of it.
:)

-------------------------------------
Remember Brandolini's Law and look around.

    On Wednesday, 30 October 2019, 9:18:03 pm ACDT, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 30.10.2019 um 11:27 schrieb Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
>

> Am 30.10.19 um 11:14 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>> Am 30.10.2019 um 10:48 schrieb arthur brogard via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -y -r 25 -i infile.mp4 outfile.mp4
>>
>> This will almost certainly lead to A/V desync (if not, then only because of a bug).
> why?

Forcing the video speed will lead to A/V desync unless the input is video-only, the input has already the chosen speed or there is a bug in the transcoding application.
Since changing the video speed with the input option r is a very hacking approach in FFmpeg, it does not always work.