[FFmpeg-user] error compiling ffmpeg ERROR: cuda requested, but not all dependencies are satisfied: ffnvcodec

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 01:04:06 EEST 2019

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 00:42, pasha-19 <d.shuman at att.net> wrote:

> Tried the pkg-config before and after the configure.  The pkg-config found
> ffnvcodec both before and after however it still is reported as not found in
> the configure process.
>
> $ cd /d/dev/cpp
>
> $ PREFIX="ffmpeg"
>
> $ PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"
>
> $ pkg-config --list-all
> ffnvcodec       ffnvcodec - FFmpeg version of Nvidia Codec SDK headers
>
> $ $PREFIX/src/configure  --arch=native --cpu=native
> --target-path=$PREFIX/bld/ --logfile=$PREFIX/bld/log/config.log
> --bindir=$PREFIX/bin/ --docdir=$PREFIX/doc/ --enable-nonfree --enable-cuda
> --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-libnpp
> --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/CUDA/include
> --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/CUDA/lib/x64
> ERROR: cuda requested, but not all dependencies are satisfied: ffnvcodec
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "ffmpeg/bld/log/config.log" produced by configure as
> this will help
> solve the problem.
>
> $ pkg-config --list-all
> ffnvcodec       ffnvcodec - FFmpeg version of Nvidia Codec SDK headers

Install clang, ensure its' in your path and rebuild.

See this from your log:

clang --cuda-gpu-arch=sm_30 -O2 -m32 -S -nocudalib -nocudainc
--cuda-device-only -include
/d/dev/cpp/ffmpeg/src/compat/cuda/cuda_runtime.h -o
D:/Portable/msys64/tmp/ffconf.wKsH8Szh/test.o
D:/Portable/msys64/tmp/ffconf.wKsH8Szh/test.cu
ffmpeg/src/configure: line 974: clang: command not found