[FFmpeg-user] error compiling ffmpeg ERROR: cuda requested, but not all dependencies are satisfied: ffnvcodec

David Shuman d.shuman at att.net
Mon Oct 21 05:12:37 EEST 2019

The following data is in three attachments    The first section is the full build scenario I believe I need from multiple sources most noted.    The second is the execution window when the configure command could not find ffnvcodes.pc that appears to exist           including confirming information from commands about the status of ENV and the various files.    The third is the Configuration log file : fmpeg/bld/log/config.log.
I believe the following will allow the configuration problem to be diagnosed.   Any assistance would be appreciated.
$ $PREFIX/src/configure  --arch=native --cpu=native --target-path=$PREFIX/bld/ --logfile=$PREFIX/bld/log/config.log  --bindir=$PREFIX/bin/ --docdir=$PREFIX/doc/ --enable-nonfree --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-libnpp --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/CUDA/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/CUDA/lib/x64
ERROR: cuda requested, but not all dependencies are satisfied: ffnvcodec

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "ffmpeg/bld/log/config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.