[FFmpeg-user] Multiple Glob Inputs

James Tan jtanman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 00:59:25 EEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a time lapse video from multiple image directories. I'm
trying to do this with glob in this manner:

ffmpeg -pattern_type glob -i 'Time Lapse 11/*.JPG' \
-pattern_type glob -i 'Burst Sequence 5/*.JPG' \
-pattern_type glob -i 'Burst Sequence 6/*.JPG' \
-r 24 -c:v libx264 -crf 23 -preset fast -pix_fmt yuv420p tl11_fast.mp4

but it only reads in the first directory. I've tried various concat methods
using a text file containing a list of the folders and image file name
pattern, but also haven't gotten it to work. Does anyone know how to do
this without just creating a massive list of all the image files?

Best,
James