[FFmpeg-user] White is not pure white in overlay of PNG on JPEG image

Jason Green jason.green at threadsstyling.com
Wed Oct 9 19:15:15 EEST 2019

I feel like I'm so close with your help, but the docs around some of these
commands is not great and I just can't figure it out.
Could you please post an example of how you use these options in this
context. I made the image public so you can literally amend the command I
posted originally and try it yourself. No matter what I do the png text is
always a bit grey. Here it is again in its simples form.

ffmpeg -i "
https://asset-info-examples.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/white-text-bg.jpg"
-i "https://asset-info-examples.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/white-text.png"
-filter_complex "[0][1]overlay=x=131:y=300" -codec:v mjpeg test_remote.jpg