[FFmpeg-user] Piping example?

Totte Karlsson tottek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 19:41:33 EEST 2019

Hello,

I'm having an application that generates device dependent bitmaps that are
combined using ffmpeg into an avi file by giving ffmpeg a folder of them
written to file.

I would like to use a pipe and stream the frames directly to ffmpeg for avi
creation (possibly using compression) but can't find many examples of how to
do the piping part.

The code is running on Windows and everything is written in C++.

The only brief example I can find is in an answer on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51903888/is-it-possible-to-send-ffmpeg-i
mages-by-using-pipe .

Anyone having a more worked out example by any chance?

Thanks,

-tk