[FFmpeg-user] Reading LTC from an audio track?

Jim Shupert jshupert at theppsgroup.com
Tue Nov 19 22:47:09 EET 2019

> We're hoping there's something in the world of FFMpeg / FFProbe might be able to help here.
>

>> On Nov 19, 2019, at 6:56 AM, Harvey Pikelberger <communque at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a command to tell FFMpeg to read LTC from a specific audio track?

I do not know about that ....but

would it help if you made a second file - now with Tc in it
meaning
you have a file
dog.mp4 w ltc tc in audio  and you know it starts w tc of 07:00:00:00
so do a
ffmpeg -i dog.mp4 -codec copy -/timecode/ 07:00:00:00 dog_wtc.mp4

MP4s and MOVs store only the TC of the first frame, as a literal frame
count, along with the framerate. The consuming app converts that frame
count back to a TC string using the framerate

-timecode hh:mm:ssSEPff

    Specify Timecode for writing. SEP is ’:’ for non drop timecode and
    ’;’ (or ’.’) for drop.