[FFmpeg-user] Converting DVCPRO in AVI wrapper to .dv, missing audio stream

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 15:55:15 EET 2019

Hi

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, 13:33 Joanna White via ffmpeg-user, <
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> Apologies if there has been a similar request to this before.
>

> I'm trying to rewrap an old AVI file with dvcp codec to the .dv wrapper so
> that it's explicit when committed to long-term LTO storage that it's a DV
> file.

Why is the benefit to removing the container here?

  I've been using an FFmprovisr command:

> ffmpeg -i input_file -f rawvideo -c:v copy output_file.dv
>

> This results in a DV file smaller than the AVI with a missing audio
> channel and other missing metadata.

The extra audio stream in your source is probably just a duplicate of the
pcm stream that is interleaved in your DV stream. You might have to double
check that.
Anyhow DV most likely can't store an extra audio channel as you're just
demuxing the DV stream itself. You'll need to use a container or just leave
the Avi file as Kato retain that I'd imagine.

Best,

Kieran