[FFmpeg-user] cross compilation of ffmpeg, targetting WIndows: libbluray can not be found

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:12:27 EEST 2019

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 9:41 PM Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 16:28:00 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > > IMO, this indicates that libbluray.pc was not found.
> >
> > normally, when pkg-config fails, it displays a message, like :
> >
> > $ pkg-config --modversion foo
> > Package foo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `foo.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'foo' found
> >
> > if libbluray.pc is not found, is it normal that config.log has no such message ?
>
> You're right.
>
> What ffmpeg's configure does here is
>   test_cmd $pkg_config --exists --print-errors $pkg_version || return
> which is basically
>   pkg-config --exists --print-errors libbluray
>
> After that succeeds, it determines the CFLAGS and LIBS (silently), and
> then:
>   check_func_headers "$headers" "$funcs" $pkg_cflags $pkg_libs "$@"
> which tries to compile and link a program with the given includes and
> functions, in libbluray's case libbluray/bluray.h and bd_open(). But if
> it did that, the log would say so, with something like:
>   test_ld cc
>   test_cc
>   BEGIN /tmp/ffconf.TaEECP0n/test.c
> which it doesn't here. So the former apparently fails.

ah, at least it seems that indeed pkg-config fails to find the pc file

Note that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not set and i do instead (see
https://autotools.io/pkgconfig/cross-compiling.html section 4.4 at the
bottom) :

export PKG_CONFIG_DIR=
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=$HOME/ffmpeg/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOOT_DIR=$HOME/ffmpeg

(it's in my ffmpeg.sh attached in my original mail)

> I could tell easier if I was on your system. ;-)

you can : just run ewpi :D but it is a bit long to get to ffmpeg. compilation

thank you

Vincent Torri