[FFmpeg-user] Change container/encoder used to create a file without re-encoding

Carlos M carlosmarc12 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 05:45:23 EEST 2019

Hello,

I have two video files that represent the same movie.
One of the files was encoded with the Lavf encoder and the other one i
think with the mpeg-4 part 2 encoder (but i'm not sure).

If i compare the two files they are of course different, but if it take the
audio and video streams out of the mp4 files with

*ffmpeg -i movie1.mp4 -an -map_metadata -1 -vcodec copy movie1.m4vffmpeg"
-i movie1.mp4 -vn -acodec copy movie1.aac*
and

*ffmpeg -i movie2.mp4 -an -map_metadata -1 -vcodec copy movie2.m4vffmpeg"
-i movie2.mp4 -vn -acodec copy movie2.aac*

I cann see that the video and audio streams are equal in both files, so
movie1.m4v = movie2.m4v and movie1.aac = movie2.aac.

I have other files encoded with Lavf that i would prefer contained using
the second encoder (not lavf).
The thing is it seems that everytime i tried to create a file copying
(without reencoding) ffmpeg use the lavf encoder.
So is there any way i can set ffmpeg to use the second encoder instead of
Lavf, without re-encoding everything?

Hope the question is understood, thanks for the help in advance