[FFmpeg-user] EPG from OTA stream acquired via UDP

James E. Baird James.Baird at ccr.net
Fri May 17 21:59:32 EEST 2019

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to grab EPG data from a live OTA stream in UDP format without having to save to file. I know that this can be viewed with MediaInfo but in order to access it I need to save a clip and then open the clip with MediaInfo for analysis. The other tools I have seen for this seem to require a DVB card for acquiring the signal (as opposed to the UDP streams we currently have) and that is not an option here. The intended end result is something I can incorporate from an automated perspective and I would prefer to use ffmpeg. Specifically looking for the data values that show up in the "Menu" section of Mediainfo; "Title:" and "Law rating:"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimbo
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail including attachments is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. ??2510-2521, is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or dissemination of this transmission, or taking of any action in reliance on its contents, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender listed above immediately and permanently delete this message from your inbox.