[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for transcoding/stream into web pag

R C cjvijf at gmail.com
Mon May 13 07:37:55 EEST 2019

so I managed to create a stream and actually display it in a html/web page.

I am using: ffmpeg -i
"rtsp://192.168.x.y:554/user=admin_password=XXXXXXXX_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream"
-y -c:a aac -b:a 160000 -ac 2 -s 960x540 -c:v libx264 -b:v 800000
-hls_time 10 -hls_list_size 10 -start_number 1 mystream.m3u8

To be honest, I "stole" it (from a youtube video of all places) and I
have no idea what all the options do.

I would like to change a few things, in how ffmpeg is doing, what it is
doing.

ffmpeg creates a new file "mystreamnn.ts" every so much time, can the
old files be deleted automatically, or can it "wrap around" and start
from the start of the file again after a certain amount of time?

mystream.m3u8 is created after "mystream1.ts" is created/finished, can
it be created  as soon as ffmpeg starts, so the stream is "immediately"
available?

Or would this need a completely different approach?

thanks,

Ron