[FFmpeg-user] AAC Audio Decoding

Attila Krüpl krupl.attila at gmail.com
Tue May 7 08:50:20 EEST 2019

Hi Folks,

I've got a couple of questions about a problem I've got stuck with.

I'm trying to decode audio with LibAV based on the following example:
https://libav.org/documentation/doxygen/master/decode__audio_8c_source.html

The difference is, that I'm not reading the audio stream from a file, but
I'm trying to decode something that is being encoded on the fly (
mainconcept's encoder is creating a stream of AAC for me, and I'm trying to
decode that ).

Every time I'm calling avcodec_send_packet( mCodecContext, mEncodedPacket
); I'm receiving an error of AVERROR_INVALIDDATA. I'm suspecting that my
AVPacket ( mEncodedPacket ) is not correct. ( Parsing didn't do the job I
was expecting, so I'm assigning members like data, size, dts, pts, pos
manually. )

Can anyone help me with some information about how to create a packet
properly?

Probably it would be much easier to find the issue if I was able to step
into the source code of LibAV while debugging, but I'm missing the .pdb
files. Do you have an up-to-date method of building LibAV for windows with
.pdb files?

Many thanks,

Attila