[FFmpeg-user] Change FPS

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 00:11:06 EET 2019

> At the moment of the purchase I chose the Wolverine because
> I didn't know about the existence of the product you mentioned.
> But now, knowing about it, and especially its price ($900), I
> would have still chosen the wolveriine because it was $300 for
> the Pro model.

So you don't know of any comparisons?
Are there really different wolverine / somikon / reflecta film scanners?
(Reflecta offers two scanners with very similar names)
I ask because you mention the "Pro" model.

> Without knowing much about ffmpeg nor mencoder, I think that I
> first have to modify the file so to play it at a slightly slower, 18fps
> instead of 20fps without any changes in the number of frames -
> and after do some interpolation (telecine?) to take it from 18fps
> to 30fps, is that right?

Not if your goal really is a dvd: In that case, you don't want
interpolation and if you use MEncoder, you can specify the
input frame rate and output frame rate independently (and
you have to for soft-telecine).

Please avoid top-posting here, Carl Eugen