[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg: how to output over HTTP

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Mar 20 01:33:15 EET 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 22:49:32 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > Please see the below full console output
>
> Unfortunately not;-(

Too bad it'ss in an external link (which tends to disappear after
weeks).

> Anyway, this was certainly transmitted via http.

According to the ffmpeg logs - yes, obviously.
According to the PCAP: hmm.
Well, the command lines show port 5558:

> chill at life ~$ ffmpeg -listen 1 -i http://localhost:5558/video -f null -

but I don't see a single packet related to port 5558 in that PCAP file.
(Filter: tcp.port == 5888). I wonder what was captured - probably eth0
(or whatever the physical interface is called) and not lo (to which
localhost is bound). No wonder you, Glenn, don't see HTTP traffic if
you don't actually capture the ffmpeg traffic...

Moritz