[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg muxing over HTTP

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Mar 15 04:11:10 EET 2019

On 3/14/2019 2:30 PM, wolfe.t.glenn wrote:
> @ Carl - sure, but I do not think you understand my question.

I'm not sure you understand HTTP; how do you _send_ http without it being
_requested_? AFAIK, one end has to request the data and thus open the
stream. Generally setting an IP of 0.0.0.0 indicates to listen on the port.

The -f mpegts indicates to use that output format, which would go over tcp
or udp (don't know why it accepts http, not going into the code at the moment).

You may need to investigate other streaming protocols like rtp or rtsp, or
setting up hls (which I think is what you really need).

Also, take a look at https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/StreamingGuide

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
[...]
>> Please avoid top-posting here

still a good idea (as is removing the old message footers)

Also, AFAIK, we haven't seen the full command _with_ the output; among other
things, it tells everyone which version of ffmpeg you're using and what
options it was built with.

z!