[FFmpeg-user] How to correct dark video with bright background

Gerardo Ballabio gerardo.ballabio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:33:18 EET 2019

Thank you Michael -- but that means I still have to find good values
of brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation and hue to use with Gimp.
When I've done that, then couldn't I just apply the same values in
ffmpeg using the "eq" filter?

Or are you saying that Gimp has effects that ffmpeg doesn't have? If
so, could you please give some advice on that too? I'm afraid I'm not
better at correcting images with Gimp than with ffmpeg.

Gerardo