[FFmpeg-user] very strong contrast enhancement

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Fri Mar 1 13:14:50 EET 2019

Am 25.02.2019 um 15:34 schrieb Michael Koch:
> Which is the recommended filter for a very strong contrast
> enhancement, up to a factor of 10?
>
> The eq=contrast=... filter allows only a maximum of 2. Could this be
> changed to allow higher values?
> As a workaround I'm using 3 or 4 cascaded eq filters.

Another possible workaround for strong contrast enhancement is the
curves filter, but it's slower than three cascaded eq filters, and it's
not linear because it uses a smooth curve through the points:
curves=all='0/0 0.125/1 1/1'

It would be nice if the curves filter had a "linear" option instead of
the smooth curves.

Michael

   ASTRO ELECTRONIC   Dipl.-Ing. Michael Koch
        Raabestr. 43   37412 Herzberg
           www.astro-electronic.de
   Tel. +49 5521 854265   Fax +49 5521 854266