[FFmpeg-user] Equivalent of "-f rawvideo" but for audio?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Jun 26 01:11:02 EEST 2019

Hi everyone :)

Is it possible somehow to transcode any source audio format type to its
raw, uncompressed format that matches the source?

I'm dealing with collections of mixed input format combinations, and am
trying to find a way to bash-automate something.

For video "-f rawvideo" seems to do the trick.
But according to the "audio types" documentation [1] it seems I have to
know define the (and therefore already know) the format.

So, instead of specifying "-f s16le" or "-f s24le", is there something
like "-f rawaudio"?

I'm grateful for any hints or input!

Thanks in advance,
Peter B.