[FFmpeg-user] YouTube stream titles

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jun 21 10:50:38 EEST 2019

Hi Danijela,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 00:37:02 +0200, Danijela Popović wrote:
> Now I'm wondering if it is possible to set the song title as the title of
> the video in the "Artist - Title" format.

Sure, but probably not from your stream's metadata[1]. I can give you this
link showing you how insert text on top of your output video stream,
with the text taken from a text file which you can dynamically change,
and ffmpeg will insert the updated text:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/46759483

In other words, insert the filter:
    -vf "drawtext=fontsize=40:textfile='ffmpeg-in.txt':x=(w-text_w)/2:y=(h-text_h)/2:reload=1"
or add it to your existing filter chain.

You need to rewrite ffmpeg-in.txt separately, though, when the title
changes.

Feel free to provide a link to the result. ;-)

Cheers,
Moritz

[1] AFAIU, the drawtext filter can apply frame metadata, but not stream
    metadata, or even ICY metadata.