[FFmpeg-user] rtp_mpegts metadata copying and pmt_pid/pcr_pid setting

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 12 11:58:05 EEST 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 16:26:52 -0300, Felipe W Damasio wrote:
>   I'm having to problems with this. First one is that the metadata isn't
> being copied. I understand that there's a bug[1] and even a proposed
> patch[2], but no final solution. Does any know how is this going?

Oh, indeed, that was me. That proposed patch is broken though. I
crafted a proper one - which should be correct - and forwarded it to
the development list upstream:

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-July/231816.html
https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/patch/9566/

But this patch was never merged, or even reviewed.

>  Also, the rtp_mpegts muxer is setting pmt_pid and pcr_pid  (using ffprobe
> -show_programs) to default values. 4096 and 256 respectively .I'd like to
> set them to the same value as the source (which is 598 and 801, if it
> matters). Usually this can be done using the mpegts muxer, but with
> rtp_mpegts there doesn't seem to be any option. Does anyone know how can
> this be done?

I can't pitch in on this one. I don't know whether the mpegts sub-muxer
of rtp_mpegts parses mpegts's options, and whether these can be passed
on to rtp. I experimented a bit, but have a hard time interpreting the
results. Someone else should comment.

Cheers,
Moritz