[FFmpeg-user] Calling FFmpeg from PHP: How to set logfile? (report)

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Jul 29 12:51:41 EEST 2019

On 29/07/2019 04:48, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
> On 2019-07-27 11:33, Peter B. wrote:
>> …[snip]… I was also wondering if all of the information PHP wiki
>> article is still
>> up-to-date, since it was last modified 5 years ago?
>>
>> …[snip]…
>> # Links:
>> [1] https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/PHP>
> Perhaps this represents an opportunity for you to easily improve the
> page by updating it based on what you have found out about calling
> ffmpeg from PHP?  Since it's stale, there should be lots of
> opportunity for improvements.

True!
I do have my Trac account and it gives me an edit button :D

Just to be noted:
This use case is merely using PHP as scripting language instead of e.g.
BASH. No Apache, no webserver, just PHP locally. This also means that
I'm not running FFmpeg execution in the background, because there's no
user waiting for a webpage to refresh.

Thanks and kind regards,
Peter